1. Schedule of research, 1st & 2nd quarter 2017. This is the current research schedule for papers on physics.
A new work on Heim theory (2016) is given as item 3.
I have a non logical-positivist philosophy, so I think that there are things "there" whether they are being observed or not. This means my view of relativity is that suggested as a possibility by John Bell, and is really the position of Lorentz rather than Einstein. To make the point clearer, in General Relativity, since there is no simultaneous world, there is the possibility of the space splitting into mutually inconsistent worlds. However, if there is a "cross product" that is everywhere in the space, this only makes sense if there is a "simultaneous" globalisation.
My point of view of quantum mechanics is similar: In particular, the ground state, being the empty set, is not equivalent to a transformation to itself. I take the point of view of de Broglie and Bohm, who had the same quantum equations but a "thinkable" theory.
1. Pictures of physics: theories and experiments. This was the old 2015 chapter headings for the eBook on this subject.
2. Electroweak chiralty, 10-novanions and the heterotic string On May 14th 2014, I met and had a conversation with a Hungarian (and blind) first year physics student at Sussex University. Having explained to him the proof on the existence of the 10-novanion algebra, which is a division algebra except at time t = 0, he came up with the astounding suggestion that 10-novanions correspond to the 10-dimensional heterotic string. I am so won over by this idea, that I have written an article, describing various linked ideas and including this theory as its end point.
3. Novanions and Einstein-Heim unification This indicates that 10-novanions may be used to describe the remarkable unification of physics by the German physicist Burkhard Heim, which includes a computation of the fine structure constant and explicit computation of particle mass-spectrums.
4. Physics programme In 2013 I had the idea that rather than talk of a "pilot wave", we deal with a "pilot sheaf". This is interesting because sheaves can be contravariant if they are described by "back arrows", but do not have to be, and physical laws (actually the "potential") are covariant. So I thought we might be looking at toposes, combined spaces, logic and sets, in particular possibly the functors C -> Cop, which is equivalent to a contravariant functor C -> C (the sheaf) and Cop -> Cop (the covariant tensor potential). Since research into physics was not due to begin until 2015, I was asked to provide information on its outline. This sketch is the contents, a little amended and extended, of conversations on the 'day of pi', March 14th 2013, represented by the number 3.14.
5. Theory I This in 2013 was expected to relate to further work on the octonionic theory of everything for electroweak interactions, including why there are three families of leptons. Further reading would be the eBook 'Innovation in mathematics', the chapters on intricate and hyperintricate numbers.
6. Theory II This will contain the theory of everything for strong interactions. This is taken from section 1B of the Mathematics - Topology section on branched spaces.
Return to Table of Contents.